Import project from repository by URL (FREE)
You can import your existing repositories by providing the Git URL:
- From your GitLab dashboard click New project.
- Switch to the Import project tab.
- Click on the Repo by URL button.
- Fill in the "Git repository URL" and the remaining project fields.
- Click Create project to begin the import process.
- Once complete, you will be redirected to your newly created project.
Automate group and project import (PREMIUM)
For information on automating user, group, and project import API calls, see Automate group and project import.